Spring cleaning, fresh starts – this time of year is all about taking a look at things and making sure they work for you, as well as at opportunities for growth and new beginnings.
Maybe that means a house move is on the cards – or perhaps it’s your business which feels like it’s outgrown its current premises. Here at Holdsworths we can help with every type of removal – we understand it can seem daunting, but with almost 100 years of experience, we’ve seen and dealt with every situation, and safely moved thousands of people into their new place.
If you’re considering an office move, what do you need to consider?
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to plan the move. Find a removals company you trust at least three months in advance. A good removals company will give you a project manager to oversee the move, giving you one point of contact to liaise with and ask questions of.
- Make sure your removals company is a member of the BAR (British Association of Removers). This gives you peace of mind that they adhere to a strict code of conduct and will provide a high level of service.
- Use the time ahead of the move to begin the great office declutter. There will be things which are no longer needed – and it’s pointless taking them with you. It may feel difficult to make the time, but it will need to happen so get everyone to block out a couple of hours in their diary one day and all roll your sleeves up!
- If you’re getting rid of office furniture or IT equipment, it’s important you remember any legal and environmental responsibilities. IT equipment will need to be properly disposed of to ensure confidential data is not accessible. For other items consider a staff sale or charitable donations.
- While decluttering you’re bound to find confidential documentation which either needs disposing of or keeping securely. If you want to dispose of it, we can offer a shredding service, which is quick and easy and saves you huge amounts of time and worry. We can also help with document storage if required (or long or short term storage of other items). Research how long documentation needs to be kept, from a tax perspective but also GDPR. You can hold on to things too long!
- As a removals company we would offer advise on processes to ensure the move is as straightforward as possible – for example sequential packing of files and stock, proper labelling systems and room planners. All these things will make it significantly easier at the new premises to get you up and running in as short a time as possible.
- Everyone worries about the moving of IT and we can offer advice on how best to move equipment, ensuring everything is properly labelled and packaged and transported with the utmost care. We can then make sure that IT is the priority at the new premises, so your IT experts can get you reconnected and working asap.
So, if this Spring sees a new start for your business, give us a call. We’ll get you from A to B and back up and running before you can say “now where did we pack that kettle?”.